Coronavirus (Covid-19) – Important information about your bin collections
Update – 20 March
The Coronavirus has had an impact on our waste and recycling service which means we are currently unable to carry out all bin collections.
Our staff will attempt to carry out as many collections as possible with priority given to grey, black and blue bins. The service is reviewed daily so please continue to visit the Trafford website for updates.
Please follow this advice:
- Place your scheduled grey, blue or black bins out for collection as normal (check your bin collection calendar)
- From Monday 23 March, green bins will not be collected until further notice
- Until further notice, food waste should be put in your grey bin. Please do not put garden waste in your green bin. If you compost at home, please continue to use your compost bin
- If you are considering home composting, visit the website for hints and tips
- Only contact us to report a missed collection of your grey, black and blue bins
- Bulky collections – No new bookings are being taken until further notice. If you have already booked and paid for a collection, it will still take place as scheduled
- New bin deliveries – We are still delivering all new bin requests. Please be aware that we are prioritising grey bins for delivery. There is a delay on all other waste containers. We are not able to take payment over the phone. Please book and pay for your new bin using the website
- Protect your bin crews – Do not place used tissues in your blue bin. If anyone in your household has a suspected or confirmed case of coronavirus, put all used tissues and cleaning cloths in a rubbish bag. These bags should be placed into another bag, tied securely and kept separate from other waste. After 72 hours, the bag should be placed in your grey bin
If you have additional waste or recycling, you can dispose of it at two Household Waste Recycling Centres in Trafford. Details can be found on the disposal sites page.
Please note – The advice may change at short notice.