The developers for Stretford Mall and Lacy Street, Trafford Bruntwood, have submitted a scoping report request.
The nature of the development in our town centre makes it a requirement to submit an Environmental Impact Assessment with the planning application.
This scoping request is a preliminary exercise to tease out the subject matter that will need to be included within the Environmental Impact Assessment.
Whilst a scoping request is not particularly noteworthy in itself, the description submitted in terms of the plan for Stretford is exciting:
- Demolition of selected buildings on site;
- Up to 800 residential dwellings (Use Class C3);
- Up to 13,000sqm mixed retail and commercial uses(Use Class E);
- Up to 2,800 sqm public house / drinking establishment / Takeaways / Theatres / Cinemas / Cafes (Sui Generis);
- Up to 720 sqm of learning and non-learning institutions (Use Class F1);
- Up to 2400 sqm for local community uses (Use Class F2)
- Public realm;
- Landscaping; and
- Associated infrastructure.
Leave a Reply